Zone A - Developed Community
Intensive commercial and residential development, multiple ownerships.
Zone B - Intensive Ski Area Development
Main ski area, traditional ski runs.
Zone C- Intensive Recreational Use Area
Cross country and hiking trails, Reservoir A.
Zone D - Recreation Use/Habitat Transition Area
Minimal existing development, higher natural resource values (wildlife, late-seral habitat, stream corridor), additional management and development guidelines in this zone due to the natural resources.
- Example: Identifies a 400' corridor along Schaffer Creek with management practices to maintain water quality and wildlife habitat values.
- Example: Seasonal recreational closures of portions of Zone D & E for wildlife purposes (mule deer fawning/nesting season) – 4/15-7/31
Zone E - Habitat Conservation Area
Minimal existing development, highest natural resource values (wildlife, lateseral habitat, stream corridor), designation of this area to be managed for conservation (approximately 2,350 acres). Given that this large piece of land backs up to the National Forest provides for a unique opportunity to enhance and protect approximately 2,350 acres of natural resources.
- Example: Identifies 362 acres to maintain and enhance late-seral forest habitat
- Example: Approximately 225 acres of fuels management implemented for forest health, fire safety, and wildlife habitat.
- Example: Approximately 288 acres placed into a Conservation Easement managed by the Truckee Donner Land Trust.