There is plenty of housing available around the Truckee/Tahoe region for Northstar California employees. Each participant must come prepared to research and find their own housing upon arrival. Please refer to the resources provided below.
Recommended Areas to Live that are near Public Transportation
Sawmill Heights – Located at Northstar – 1 mile from the Village/mountain
- King's Beach, CA – 6 miles from Northstar
- Truckee, CA – 6 miles from Northstar
- Incline Village, NV – 11 miles from Northstar
- Tahoe Vista – 7.5 miles from Northstar
Sawmill Heights Apartments located at Northstar on Highlands View Road - www.sawmillheights.com or call 530.562.2501
Apartment living offered through Sawmill Heights Apartments within the Northstar community. Available furnished or unfurnished, these apartments include all of your utilities and basic cable in the monthly rental rate. Strict “no party” rules enforced, but a great option for those looking for a convenient location, with less hassle. On-site laundry facilities and internet access also available for all tenants. This is not managed by Northstar and all tenants must sign a lease with Sawmill Heights Apartments. Northstar is not responsible for setting pricing or rules of the lease. All Northstar employees must contact Sawmill Heights Apartments to reserve a room.
Sawmill Heights Apartments within the Northstar community managed by Sawmill Heights Apartments - 530.562.2501 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
King's Beach, CA - 6 miles from Northstar
Kings Beach, CA is the best option for housing. It is only about 6 miles away, and offers the best access to public transportation services. Northstar offers free shuttle transportation to and from work within a close proximity to the resort. This service begins operating the second week of December. Northstar operates transportation to Kings Beach on a limited basis prior to December 15th.
Truckee, CA - 6 miles from Northstar
Truckee, CA is the historic town near Northstar. It offers shopping, dining, and housing for many of our employees. The Greyhound Bus and Amtrak Bus stops in Truckee at the train depot, and it is the hub for the Northshore of Lake Tahoe. If you choose to live in Truckee, transportation does not run on a regular schedule until mid-December. Please be aware of this if you choose to live in this area. After December 15th, regular buses will service the Truckee area.
Incline Village, NV or Crystal Bay, NV - 11 miles from Northstar
Incline Village, NV offers a variety of housing on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe. It is accessible via public transportation, however the public transportation does not operate until mid-December, so you will have to be prepared to find transportation prior to that time.
Areas to Avoid if you do NOT have your own Transportation:
- Glenshire, CA
- Donner Lake, CA
- Tahoe Donner, CA
- Tahoe City, CA
- Tahoma, CA
- Homewood, CA
Human Resources will provide free bus passes to those living in certain areas, please ask upon arriving.
|Distance to Northstar
- Sawmill Heights Apartments - Within the Northstar community managed by Sawmill Heights Apartments. 530.562.2501 | email@example.com
- Sierra Sun - Find local residential housing listed in the classified ads. www.sierrasun.com
- The North Tahoe/Squaw Valley/Truckee Weekly - Find local residential housing listed in the classified ads. www.tahoethisweek.com
- Craig’s List - Look in the Reno/Tahoe area. Great resource for housing in the Reno/Tahoe area. Be aware of the areas to avoid. www.craigslist.org
- The Housing Connection - Get access to resources for making your relocation process a bit easier. The Housing Connection is a fee-based rental search pogram. 530.583.0880 | www.housingconnection.com
- Century 21/Tahoe North R.E. in King's Beach. 530.546.8224
- Truckee Mountain Vacation Rentals. 530.587.5509
- Vacation Property Management in Truckee. 530.587.1236
- Martis Valley Associates in Truckee. 530.587.4500
- Century 21/Don Casler Realty in Truckee. 530.587.7444
- Cal Neva Resort in Crystal Bay. 800.233.5551
- Hostel Tahoe in Kings Beach. 530.546.3266 | hosteltahoe.com
For More Information
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact us at 530.562.3510 or firstname.lastname@example.org.