Join us for our annual Spring It On! event taking place Saturday, April 5 & Sunday, April 6 offering something for everyone!
On Saturday and Sunday we will have complimentary face painting and a balloon artist on the deck at The Lodge at Big Springs from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
On Sunday, April 6, mid-mountain at Northstar California will be the place to be with our pond skim from 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., live music, Big Truck Hats doing Sew-On-Site Hat Making, and more! The Pond Skim is free to participate in. Please register from 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. on the gondola deck at mid-mountain the morning of April 6. All participants must have a gondola/lift ticket, sign a waiver, and be assigned a number. Limit is 75 people. The theme is luau, and there will be a separate prize awarded for best costume!
Also, the first 50 people to sign up will get a free Northstar Towel!
- 1st Place: $200 Northstar Gift Card
- 2nd Place: $150 Northstar Gift Card
- 3rd Place: $50 Northstar Gift Card
- Best Costume: $50 Northstar Gift Card
Pond Skim Rules:
- Must go one at a time (no teams).
- Must be on skis or snowboard.
- One run only.
- Your total score will be based on the creativity of your costume, how well you "live" your costume, and the style, difficulty, bail height, and splash of your crossing (if you sink you may get extra points). A successful crossing means nothing to the judges. This is all about style!
- All scoring and selection of winners is solely and completely up to the judges.
Saturday, April 5
- 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Complimentary face painting and balloon artist on the Day Lodge Deck
Sunday, April 6
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Pond Skim Registration at the top of the Gondola. All participants must sign a waiver & have a gondola/lift ticket.
- 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Complimentary face painting, a balloon artist, live music, and Sew On Site hat making from Big Truck Hats on the Day Lodge Deck.
- 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Big Truck Hats will be on site making hats for interested guests. Pricing will vary depending on hat design.
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Pond Skim at Mid-Mountain.