The Specialized Bike Academy presents two full days of female-only riding, friendship and mountain adventure. The course is comprised of small group lessons, ensuring individual attention in an environment that encourages team support. Outside of biking, the weekend includes breakfast and lunch on both days to fuel the body. To refuel the soul, restorative yoga is offered at the course culmination in the Village at Northstar to open up sore muscles and joints. Topping off the weekend is a wine mixer intended to fuel newly found friendships among the mountain bike community. This incredible fulfilling event is offered twice this year on July 22-23 and August 19-20.
Pumps on Pedals
This weekly event starting June 30 welcomes female mountain bike riders to an open clinic taught by women for women. The ride group is always complimentary, offers discounted lift tickets and bike rentals, and is guided by the Specialized Academy female coaches. Most importantly, the group fosters a no-posturing zone. It is an open course intended for all ability levels, including moms improving their skills to be able to ride with their kids or women needing an exhilarating escape from city life. There is also no limit to the riding style, Pumps on Pedals welcomes cross country, endurance and downhill riders. The evening culminates in the Village for well-earned libations and plenty of new-found friends.
Join in on Facebook
Reserve now by calling 1.800.GO.NORTH.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
- Ages 13+, all levels
- Downhill, cross-country, enduro riders or anyone who rides a bike on dirt!
What bike should I bring?
- A fully-functional mountain bike recently tuned by a mechanic, it's no fun dealing with mechanics when learning new skills!
- A 6-8" full-suspension bike is ideal to explore all of Northstar's terrain
- However, if you have a hardtail or XC full-suspension bike, we have green/blue trails that will suit that type of riding as well
Do I need protective gear?
- All attendees will be required to wear a helmet (full-face helmet required for exploring Northstar's black diamond terrain)
- Gloves, knees, elbows, or full-body armor are highly recommended - you can rent it all here!
Flats or clipless pedals?
- We highly recommend attending the clinic with flat pedals as it allows for learning some skills easier and safer
Will demos be available?
How will you determine which group I will ride with?
Once registered, we will send out a questionnaire to determine your skill level and goals. We want everyone to be comfortable, challenged and progressing their skills safely!
Northstar’s Bike Park is the ideal location to progress mountain bike skills for all levels of riders and types of riding (XC to Enduro to DH). Unlike most of the programs currently on the market, we offer the convenience of lift access. By eliminating the necessity of aerobic fitness, riders can focus purely on improving their bike handling skills. Additionally, with our miles of trails, Northstar has terrain for everybody including fire roads, gentle rolling singletrack, beginner to advance flow trails, rocky technical descents, jumps and drops.
Book now by calling 1.800.GO.NORTH